Return to Safe Learning Plan

Please take a moment to review our USD 363 23-24 Safe Return to In-Person Learning Plan. This document details the protocols that the district has put in place for the 2021-2022 school year.  If you have any questions, please contact your school principal or the administration office.


The Kansas Department of Education (KSDE) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) have extended the free meal benefits from school year '20-'21 into school year '21-'22. This means that every actively enrolled student at USD 363 Holcomb Schools can, should they so choose, receive one (1) full free breakfast and one (1) full free lunch each day school is in session. Any additional meals or a la carte items will be charged at the full adult price per USDA/KSDE guidelines. Adults and guests will continue to pay the full adult price for any item/meal purchased from the food services department.

Due to KSDE and USDA extending the free meals benefit into the 2021-2022 school year, the normal Free and Reduced Meal Program Benefits Application will not be issued this school year.  Instead, KSDE and USD 363 are going to use the Household Economic Survey to determine eligibility for school district benefits such as a reduced Educational Materials Fee (replaces the old separate Textbook Fee and Technology Fee) as well as other benefits from places in our community such as the Holcomb Recreation Commission.  

KSDE School Finance Department uses the information provided in the Household Economic Survey to determine the amount of state and federal funding that your school district will receive in school year 2021-2022.  

When you enroll your students there will be a few quick questions under the Food Services page in the online enrollment portal that will auto-populate the Household Economic Survey for you.  You only need to answer these questions ONE TIME PER HOUSEHOLD even though they will show up for each student you enroll.  

We are strongly encouraging all of our families to complete the Home Economic Survey, though it is not required. If you would like to skip over this section in the online enrollment portal, you can fill out a paper copy of the survey and return it to your school or the administration office.  Paper surveys can be obtained by printing a Household Economic Survey or by requesting a copy from any school building or the administration office.

Families are encouraged to fill out the survey as soon as possible as it could impact the fees you are responsible for paying at the time of enrollment.

If you have any questions, please contact Kristi Calkins via email at