Insurance for your students district-issued Chromebook is available for you to purchase. It is an optional purchase and is not required, but is highly recommended.
Should you choose to purchase this insurance, your students Chromebook will be covered for unlimited incidents during the school year for which the insurance was purchased. This insurance policy will provide full replacement cost coverage and will protect the Chromebook on and off school grounds.
Covered incidents may include:
- Accidental damage from drops and spills
- Cracked screens
- Accidental liquid submersion
- Natural disasters
- Power surges due to lightning
** In the event of a theft, a police report from the jurisdictional Law Enforcement agency will be required.
Not all issues/damages will be covered. These will be determined on a case-by-case basis by District IT Staff and Administration.
Chromebooks that are intentionally damaged or left in unsecured situations like an unlocked vehicle/locker or that are left unattended will not be covered by the insurance.
Prices for Chromebook Insurance may vary based on the model of the Chromebook being issued to or being utilized by your student as well as the students grade level.
Replacement charges and repair fees for Chromebooks and Chromebook parts and accessories will be updated annually, at the beginning of the school year, or as deemed necessary by District IT Staff, Administration, and the Board of Education.
purchasing the optional chromebook insurance
- It will be your responsibility to notify the school secretary that you wish to purchase the Chromebook Insurance for that school year.
- The school secretary will tell you the Chromebook Insurance Fee for your student/students.
- Chromebooks will not be covered until the Chromebook Insurance Fee has been paid in full.
- Once the fee is paid in full, the school secretary will notify the District IT Team that you have purchased the coverage and for which student/students it was purchased.
- The District IT Team or a designated school employee will maintain an up-to-date list of those students whose Chromebooks are actively covered by the insurance.
- Should an incident occur at school, you will be notified by the school and will be informed of the procedure that will be followed.
- Should an incident occur off of school grounds or outside of regular school hours, it will be you and/or your students responsibility to notify the appropriate staff that an incident has occurred.
- You and/or your student will be required to turn in the damaged Chromebook as soon a possible so that the District IT Team can evaluate the issue. NEVER TRY TO REPAIR THE CHROMEBOOK YOURSELF OR TAKE IT TO AN OUTSIDE REPAIR SERVICE!!!
-During this time, a loaner Chromebook may be issued to your student. Loaner Chromebooks are not covered by your insurance. You will be held responsible for the cost of any damages incurred while in your students possession. Should the Chromebook be lost or stolen, you will be required to reimburse the district for the full cost of a replacement device.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Randy Ackerman or Patty Knoll at Holcomb High School.